EUSSER, the European Society for Shoulder and Elbow Rehabilitation
Founded in 2008 by Prof. Dr. O. Gagey (France), Jan Nowak MD (Sweden), Anju Jaggi PT (UK) , Prof. Ann Cools PT (Belgium), P. Biedermann Osteo (Swiss) and R. Franck PT ( Swiss).
The purpose of the society is to:
- Promote the importance of high quality in rehabilitation.
- Promote communication between various medical professionals in the field of shoulder and
elbow rehabilitation to enhance patient care.
- Promote high quality research and education in the field of shoulder and elbow rehabilitation
- Promote work towards a standardized terminology in the field of shoulder rehabilitation in
- Promote communication with and spread information to other organisations active in the fields
of trauma and diseases in the shoulder and elbow.
To be eligible for membership applicants must be officially licensed by a national authority as:
Medical Doctor, Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Osteopath or approved by the Board based on an individual curriculum vitae.
Honorary membership can be awarded to individuals who have made important contributions in the field of shoulder and elbow rehabilitation.
Members pay an annual fee. The sum is proposed by the Board and decided by the General Assembly. Retired members and honorary members are exempted from the annual fee.
Courses and Seminars
EUSSER have developed close links with SECEC (the European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow). These links enabled us to organise a physiotherapy day at the annual SECEC Congress in Brugges (http://www.secec2008.org/), which was a great success.
EUSSER Seminar "Shoulder joint mobilisation on fresh cadaver" January the 30th 2009, Paris (France) with Prof. O. Gagey & R. Franck". Sold-out.
Information about further courses and seminars is available on our website.