Wrightington Upper Limb Unit
The Upper Limb Unit has been at the forefront of research, education and clinical care for over 28 years, since it’s inception the unit has developed considerable expertise in the field of orthopaedic surgery. In March it will be running a meeting focusing on the shoulder.
About the Course
Wednesday 16th March - Surgery & Rehabilitation
• What we know about the rotator cuff?
• Current concepts and evidence based presentations
• Practical demonstrations
Thursday 17th - Tips & Tricks - Shoulder Arthroscopy
• Common & difficult problems in soft tissue & arthroscopic management of the shoulder
• Technical aspects and practical consideration
Friday 18th - Tips & Tricks - Shoulder Arthroplasty
• Technical aspects of shoulder arthroplasty including pre-operative decision-making
• Surgical tips for common and complex reconstructions
• Focus on Glenoid Bone Loss
The meeting has an esteemed Faculty from both the UK and abroad, who will share their combined wealth and expertise with all the delegates over the three days.
Faculty Includes: Mr Stephen Bale, Robert Conlon, Prof Len Funk,
Ian Horsley, Prof Bernard Jost, Prof Alexandre Ladermann,
Prof Lauren Laffosse, Chris Littlewood, Ms Julie McBirnie,
Tanya McKenzie, Prof Giuseppe Milano, Mr Puneet Monga,
Dr Mathias Ritsch, Sarah Russell, Prof Marcus Scheibel, Martin Scott,
Jill Thomas, Prof Ian Trail, Dr Scott Trenhaile, Julia Walton,
Mr Mike Walton.
Convenors: Mr Puneet Monga, Prof Len Funk, Prof Ian Trail.
Discussions & Debate
Delegates can look forward to a combination of lectures, clinical discussions, workshops patient demonstrations and lively debate over the 3 days. The Course dinner on the Thursday evening allows for a perfect networking opportunity between delegates and faculty.
Who should attend?
Surgery & rehabilitation day will be of specific interest to:
• Extended scope practitioners
• Orthopaedic Trainees
• Fellows and Consultants in early years.
Tips & Tricks is specifically aimed at:
• Consultant Upper limb and Shoulder surgeons,
• Orthopaedic Trainees & Fellows
Full details including faculty list, programme and booking form can be viewed by clicking here
Should you have any questions, please telephone Mavis Luya on +44 (0)1257 256248, email: email@example.com